Monday, January 28, 2008

Playtesting and PDFs

There are many a great lesson to be learned in this life and wise man once said to me.
Be careful what you complain about in committee for it may be assigned to you.
I wish I had listened! Because I had long been whining about not having a PDF of the complete rules. I could dog ear one, make notes on it, and not have to be browsing the website in play. In truth I rarely have to refer to the rules in play, but making notes about tweaks, ideas and changes is easier for me on a hard copy. So after my repeated mentions of having no single PDF of the entire rules set, I was volunteered to correct the problem. Oh happy day.

However as it turns out it was not all the hard to automate the content capture and so now I must tweak the format of that capture (in an automated way) and then we'll be good to go. As it stands now the DEC 2007 rules are a little more then 100 pages of 8.5x11 including all charts & graphics. I only have few format issues to correct and a few linking issues to adjust and it will be complete.

That said I believe a PDF of DEC 2007 rules will be available, just before the FEB 2008 rules are released. Just in time to be obsolete!

No comments: